Thursday

Got Mike off to work early then walked Suki and by the time I got home Jayne was up and ready to leave.  We set off for Devon at 9.50 - and then again at 10.10 as I realised a little way down the road that I had not got my rucksack with my purse, computer etc and had to go back for it.  A reasonable journey down with a few minor delays - all flagged up by Live Services (which went off once but otherwise was well behaved).  Arrived in Devon at 1.35 - to find drive dug out and hard core down, with piles of fine gravel all over the place.  Parked on the road.  I rustled up spinach and ricotta tart (made by Lorraine) and stir fry veg and then we sorted ourselves out and went for a walk to Parke.  Jayne popped in to hairdressers to make appointment on the way - while I dodged the traffic warden waiting for her on the road.   Apparently they are getting very hot on parking tickets at the moment, which is long overdue as everyone parks on the double yellow lines making it very difficult for vehicles to get up and down the high street - especially the buses.

In the evening we had a lovely wood-fired pizza from Tesco, with salad and garlic bread and I had Fitou to wash it down whereas Jayne preferred white.  We watched Midsomer Murders and went to bed early.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Jayne transforms our London residence