October Catch Up - part 1


2nd - Handbells with Steve in the morning.  Peter joined us and we worked on Cambridge Royal - with me on 3-4!  It went quite well and this is now the project - to eventually ring a peal!  In the afternoon took Suki to the vets - got more tablets, this time for the arthritis.  However have now received two cheques from the insurance, one for £1500 and one for £650 so the expense has been nullified a little which is a help.  I have discovered that giving the tablets to her in peanut butter is the best way - and she looked really interested when the vet was counting out the tablets as she associated them with a nice treat.  He was somewhat amused.

Mike got his new car - very swish.  It has several features which will take time to get used to, especially the navigation system which has a mind of its own and has been driving Mike to distraction ever since he got the car.

3rd - Leanne and Ollie came over for the day and we had a lovely time.  I met them at Shepherd's Bush and we went to KFC for lunch, then to Westfield to get Leanne a new phone for Christmas/birthday.  We also got a cover and I bought a toy for Ollie.  We went home on the bus and then to Wendel Park with Suki - I played with Ollie on the swings etc while Leanne and Suki stayed outside as dogs are not allowed in.  Then we went home and got a pizza - Mike came in from being out all day ringing so we were all able to eat together.  I looked everywhere for the Thunderbird DVDs to put on but couldn't find them - typical.  They went home in a cab about 9 pm.

4th - took Suki to the pet service at St Nicholas.  Lots of treats in a basket at the door -  Suki had one on the way in and two on the way out!  She was very good - didn't make any noise but did give me the "are we going home now" stare for quite a while.  I left the car in Corney Reach so that we could have a walk before and after.  Mike was out ringing again.  We both went to a handbell event at Chris O'Mahony's in the evening.

5th - went walking with Maryanne, and her friend John came too with his dog Ralph.  We were meeting at the Ashridge estate and I put the recommended satnav postcode for the visitor centre into the TomTom.  However it took me to the wrong side of Aldbury and in the end I had to use my local knowledge (somewhat limited) to get myself to the correct car park.  Luckily we had done the walk before so I knew where I was heading.  We had wet weather again - seems to be a feature of these walks recently - but it didn't detract from enjoyment of a lovely walk.  I remembered to start the tracker on MapMyWalk - but unfortunately forgot to turn it off until we had driven up the drive to the visitor centre for lunch!  Had a really nice light lunch - I had a tuna melt panini which Maryanne had to buy for me as I had forgotten my purse.  We managed to get a table under the protection of the overhang so stayed dry (ish).



6th - did Fitness Class in the morning and then drove down to Devon after lunch.


Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Jayne transforms our London residence