October catch up part 2

21st - had another go at minor on handbells with Caroline.  Not terribly successful but a good practice for another attempt the following week.  Went for a meal at Azzuro and I actually enjoyed it - had Penne Arrabiata.  I don't think they have done that before.

22nd - Mike and I rang in QP of Yorkshire Major at St Giles in the Fields to mark Dennis' 25th Anniversary of his first QP.  Many of the band had been in both!  Had a pint in the Angel afterwards and shared some nachos.  In the evening went to Kristen's for dinner with other Barnes ringers to say farewell.  Food was excellent and all recipes came from the Tonight at 7.30 cook book.

23rd - was down to ring in QP at Barnes but luckily Hugo dropped out at the last minute and there was no replacement so it went down to Doubles with Michael and I was let off!

Have continued with fitness classes on Tuesdays and Fridays wherever I can, and swimming on Tuesday evenings.  I try to do at least 40 lengths and something to get the heart rate up - have managed a whole length of crawl!

28th - Met up with Amanda, Sam, Bethany, Ollie and Carolyn at Westfield for lunch - first watched the children in the play area while Amanda and Sam went shopping, then went to Jamie's. Bought myself a new pair of sleeper earrings. Got home at 3.40 pm to find that Lorraine had taken a half day to see everyone and had been waiting in since midday!  I didn't realise she was doing that - she didn't mention it in the morning when I asked her if she was working at the convent today!  Ollie and I went to the park with Suki as soon as we got back - he played in the playground for a bit and then we played ball with Suki.  It was dark by the time we got back.  They all went home by taxi about 7 pm.

29th - had another go at the minor with Caroline and this time we got almost to the end!  We were in the 7th extent and had rung quite a bit of it when Caroline started ringing the wrong method and caused a kerfuffle which resulted in her and I doing a three-way swap with rounds coming up where it shouldn't.  We all felt a bit deflated and disappointed.  It was too late to go for a meal but we went to the wine bar for a drink and ended up having three starters (biltong, olives and bread and oil) and some cheesy chips which cheered us up a bit.  The biltong was particularly delicious - very thinly sliced and akin to prosciutto.

30th - having been booked some months ago for the Hortons 4 at Barnes I found I wasn't in it - but I decided to have a quick look at it anyway just in case.  Luckily I did because when I turned up Rod decided to drop out!  Eveyone struggled with it and we had several goes at the first part before we finally got to the part end in the right order without mishap.  We then stopped and had a cup of tea.

31st - Halloween.  A lovely warm sunny autumn day - washed all the bedding and towels and hung them out to smell nice.  Then took Suki for a walk in Richmond Park - the colours were lovely.




In the afternoon watched the Rugby World Cup final - a really good game.  Caught up with this blog!  Mike was out all day on the South & West District Outing to the Amersham area which he had organised.  He got home about 7 and we had garlic prawns with leeks in cheese sauce which I had cooked.  Only had about 4 trick and treat visits - 3 of them being delightful with excellent costumes, and the last group being a large group of obnoxious children who grabbed as many packets of sweets as they could before I could stop them.  Then those who didn't get any stood and waited for me to give them some.  It was a shame as I had enjoyed dishing out sweets up until then.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Roving Ringers Reunion Weekend 21-22 Feb