December begins

1 December - went to Forever Fit class, but it wasn't very aerobic and spent a lot of time using stretchy bands which hurt my wrists. In the afternoon prepared my Christmas card labels and they printed out perfectly first time which is very rare. Also prepared a secondary e-card using photos of Suki which came out well. Went swimming in the evening.  Earlier I had bought a pink swimming cap which was very easy to put on and did manage to cover all my hair - and it matched my costume nicely. Decided to swim until I got cramp or needed a wee. Cramp came first after 40 mins - managed 44 lengths including one of crawl (well my version of crawl).  When Mike came in later Suki jumped off his knee and ran after a fox. I could hear Mike whistling her way down the road so I went downstairs to try and help with a squeaker, and Suki was in the hall looking out of the wide open front door with a puzzled look on her face! So it was Mike I had to go and find!

Went over to Keith's on Wednesday.  After usual trip to Sainsbury etc I took him to the village in the wheelchair to the barber's to get a much needed haircut and wash.  We met a couple of people he knew and stopped for a brief chat, and we also went into the post office (where they knew him) and to the big turkish supermarket where he was able to select his own tomatoes - which were beautiful, huge, on the vine and smelt as if they had just been picked. It was a beautiful sunny and mild day so perfect to choose for his first trip out of the house since April!  In the evening went to final Messiah rehearsal - bus journeys took so long that we only just made it in time and did not have time to purchase interesting baguettes from Paul's.  So had pate and toast when we got in.

Thursday got up early and Mike dropped me off at Sutton Court Road on his way to work.  Suki and I had a walk round Chiswick House grounds and then walked home.  Finally seen a minuscule amount of weight loss on the scales this morning.  Much jubilation!! Went to Zumba Gold and then to Chiswick High Road and got a few bits and pieces for Christmas.  Got a small doner meat and salad from Lara for lunch - good job I didn't get the big size!  I must have gone at just the right time as all the meat seemed to be from the outside and was extremely tasty.  There was plenty left over and it made a very tasty stir fry the next day.


Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Roving Ringers Reunion Weekend 21-22 Feb