Devon for Easter

When I arrived in Devon the sun was shining and the birds were singing - just like last time only warmer.  I went and sat on the terrace steps in the hot sunshine with a cup of tea and rang Mike for a chat - just as good as visiting really and less exhausting for me.  With the clocks going forward the evenings were now much lighter and I was able to take Suki out a bit later and still be in the daylight.  I drove to the tourist information car park and we walked to Parke from there.  It was a lovely evening.

Monday morning was beautiful - although rain was forecast for later - and we actually made it up on to the moor for the first time since last Autumn.  It was beautiful up there and we had a good long walk - from the small car park up on to Black Hill, with its lovely view over Manaton, then down to the tramway and back along it.


I went bellringing on Monday evening - well attended - and even went for a drink afterwards.  However the week was mainly spent in splendid solitude just pleasing myself, going for long walks with Suki, progressing projects and cross stitching.  The weather was never as good for the rest of the trip. It rained every day. On Wednesday it was torrential the rest of the time it just rained with some sunshine in between.  underfoot was incredibly muddy and we spent a lot of time slipping through mud in my wellies.

Tom messed me about. Wayne came round to make arrangements for flat roof to be done at last. Handbells on Thursday evening. Chatted to Mike Friday morning. Explored new paths in plantation trying to get away from the mud - pretty good except for the very last bit which I was able to cross with difficulty (wellies essential as usual).

I had put aside Monday for doing some cleaning around the house but struggled to get motivated to do this - then Helena put me to shame by being up a ladder in the rain cleaning underneath the outside fascias of her house with a mop!

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Jayne transforms our London residence