End April - Ups and Downs

Mike continued to feel under the weather for the next couple of days, but still went ringing at Cumberlands with Louise.  He sat in the corner shivering and Geraldine sent him to hospital because his fingers were turning purple and he was showing signs of sepsis.  She said he needed antibiotics immediately.  He was in A&E all night and they admitted him at 3 am.  He spent 2 days in St Thomas hospital.

Fame at last - Mike spoke with John Harrold in Herefordshire to arrange a tower for the Barnes summer trip, and when he gave his name John said "any relation to Jill Wigney who rings handbells!".  That's a first!


Coffee with Muffie - went to Osterley again. This time we walked round the formal gardens which were much larger than I had expected.  Muffie gave me some plants for my garden which should grow like weeds!

Handbells - failed peal attempts of Superlative and Yorkshire with Steve.

Middx AGM - cold windy day.  Neighbour rang to say roof had blown off shed.  I thought Jayne must be away but she turned out to be there but hadn't noticed!  Luckily Wayne was able to go straight round and make it safe, and fixed it a couple of days later. Mike went to Barnes first so we travelled to the AGM separately.  I walked Suki to Linda's and then went up to Aldgate.  I was early so I went in to a cafe opposite for a bacon sandwich and coffee.  I wish I hadn't - it was greasy and undercooked and left me with a queasy feeling all day.  There was nowhere for Mike to sit and judge the striking competition, and they were seriously suggesting he should sit outside in the cold - so I put my foot down.  He was still looking fragile having only been discharged from hospital the day before.  He ended up facing the wall in the porch so that he could hear the bells but not see which team was going up the tower.  The meeting went well (I am now Report Editor as well as Membership Secretary) and James kindly offered to run my boxes of reports, and Mike, home while I went off by public transport to pick up Suki and walk her home.

Finished the month by going back to the gym and also making some progress with projects such as reviewing and correcting the converted WinRk records ready to use V3, building a Middx peals database and creating Report template(s) for next years report etc.  The idea of a Project Week came to me - see next post!

I lost ownership of my reclining chair completely to Suki!


There was the biggest bouncy castle I had ever seen in Acton Park!


And my first attempt at making porridge in the new microwave, using the in-built programme, was somewhat messy!


Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

March Catch Up

Jayne transforms our London residence