Tuesday 5 November

Late getting up again!  Went to PC World determined to buy a laptop - miserable experience.  Uninterested and unknowledgeable staff, little stock.  Spent an hour looking at what little they had - nearly all were touch screen and all were Windows 8.  Also looked at All in One PCs and decided that was a better option for what I wanted.  Finally picked one which was for clearance - then "girl" told me that old software would probably not work and loading it would invalidate the manufacturer's warranty as it would "downgrade" the computer.  Decided not to give PC World my custom!  Also to do more research on this problem on-line.  Tried to buy the wi fi extenders but again no-one interested in helping me and couldn't see them on the shelf so decided to go home and order them on-line.  Very unsatisfactory all round - except that had a chance to look at All in Once PCs and see what they consisted of.  Quickly cooked some tortellini when I got in.  Spent all afternoon on the computer trying to find an All in One I wanted to buy.  Decided on one being offered at discount price at John Lewis but couldn't bring myself to order it on-line without seeing it so was going to go to Brent Cross the next day.  Suddenly a Dell advert popped up and I followed it and found just what I was looking for - with Windows 7 Professional as a bonus.  Spent a long time checking it out and looking at reviews and decided to go ahead and order it.  It only seemed to be available from the "business" site - but the order seemed to go through ok.  Now all I need to do is make everything work on it.  Walked Suki round the streets a bit more than usual today to try and get more exercise myself.  Myfitnesspal seems to be working!  Cooked lamb steaks with potatoes cabbage and gravy for supper.  Suki very distressed at fireworks so decided to stay home and not go to choir practice.  Spent the evening note-bashing with my rehearsal CDs.  Went to bed at 10.15 - ie early again.  Still not sleeping well. Raymond died today ):

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Roving Ringers Reunion Weekend 21-22 Feb