Saturday 30 November

Mike went off to help with Barnes learners and I pottered changing the beds and going through the music again. We had some poached eggs on marmite toast for lunch. Lee and Emma were a bit late picking up Suki - and actually turned up just as we left the house to go to the rehearsal.  They had been delayed by someone collapsing in their street and bashing his head open and had been helping him until the police arrived (the ambulance service were "too busy" to come!).  I gave them some of the oxtails from the freezer for the dogs - which apparently they loved.   We went to the rehearsal and I managed to get a reasonable seat - albeit next to Jo Mansell Bentley who is a first alto.  The rehearsal had some scary moments and I went through the alleluia again when I got home to be sure I would be confident about when to come in.  The staging had disappeared so we had to make do with a few bits and pieces - there were lots of complaints but actually I thought it was better.  The lights seemed better too.  We went home and both had showers and got ready and had some toast to keep us going.  The concert went well and all my learning certainly paid off.  There was a full house almost.  It took a long time to get a drink in the interval but I succeeded in the end.  Went to Tarantella afterwards with the gang and had a really nice meal and lots of red wine.  They do a lovely penne arrabiata.  Got to bed before 1 am too.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Roving Ringers Reunion Weekend 21-22 Feb