Thursday 13 February

This morning it was the turn of the toilet - which leaked when I flushed it. When I lifted the cistern lid there was a fountain of water gushing out. Luckily I had watched mike mend our inflow at home quite recently so I turned off the water at the stop cock and searched the cistern till I found a white plastic bit which I was able to fit back on to the in flow pipe. At least I didn't have to call the plumber in again.  It was a nice morning - a breather between yesterday's storm and the one forecast for tomorrow, so I ventured on to the moor with suki. There was a smattering of snow on the ground and suki was able to roll around in it for the first time this winter. I was nicely wrapped up against wind and weather and had intended to stay out for a couple of hours, but it started to grey over and snow, and it was cold and very blustery so I went back to the car after an hour. I spent the afternoon adding all the track details for the CDs of Jayne's I had copied - frustrating at times when windows media player kept changing things back again but I got there in the end. I then took suki out to Parke in the car - luckily finding a space in the layby. We spent an hour walking up the higher footpath and back along the railway track.  Amazing how much the water had gone down. Nowhere near the footbridge today. Went to handbells at Moretonhampstead in the evening. Drove myself as Ann not going. Got there early - didn't get lost. Had a brilliant evening again. I am in reserve for Margaret who is moving to Isle of Wight. Drove home and had glass of wine and watched a bit of tv before going to sleep.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Roving Ringers Reunion Weekend 21-22 Feb