Wednesday 22 January

Roger's anniversary. Got up at 6.30 and had shower etc. had early breakfast and cleared up, got cases down and took suki for a quick walk round Wendell. Set off for Stansted at 8.35. Caught 607 as delayed by woman searching endlessly in her bag for her Oyster card. Terrible crush on Central line but eventually offered a seat. Didn't really clear until St. Paul's. As expected I was asked for the printed version of the train ticket at the barrier even though web site says show the text to them.  Luckily had saved the web page to view offline as there was no phone signal for internet access by barrier. Stansted express very quiet indeed and I was finally able to start my audio book Chess Men by Peter May. Loved it straightaway - I could listen to that Scottish accent all day. Straightforward getting through security at airport. Went to Boots to get sandwich, toiletries and cal pol etc then had a coddle at Starbucks. Sat on the floor because couldn't be bothered to get ignorant people to move their stuff or shove up to make seat available.  Long queue at gate but not too much of a scramble and went quickly when I started answering questions for an airport survey.  Found a window seat - with morose woman already occupying aisle seat. I tried to throw my bag over to save the seat while I looked for somewhere to stow my cabin baggage and then found I was stuck as I had put my coat on over my bag to save carrying it. She rather officiously pointed this out! When I got back from stowing my bag there were things all over my seat and someone trying to settle in to the centre seat who seemed just as scatty as I was. She eventually cleared my seat and I scrambled in by which time I think aisle seat lady had lost the will to live! Got chatting to centre seat lady when we both got out a sandwich and crisps for lunch and chatted the rest of the way with her about all sorts including Arab horses. She was really nice and I could imagine us being friends if we had got the opportunity. Palma airport very quiet. Found transfer desk and this went smoothly too. Nice comfortable people carrier shared with 3 other people. When I got to the hotel Amanda Sam and Bethany were waiting to surprise me. It was a brilliant surprise. We all went up to my room which was very clean and comfortable and included a small kitchen with fridge cooker and sink and a balcony overlooking the sea.  I gave them the cot blanket and they were very pleased with it.  Had my first cuddle of Bethany - fantastic. Then we went back to their house via Eroski to get some supplies. It was the first day Amanda had been able to drive. Bethany tried the cot blanket and looked adorable in it - although to be fair she looks adorable in anything. She is tiny. Went to Maison Son Ferrer where Amanda and Sam treated me to a lovely meal accompanied by two pints of San Miguel. Amanda dropped me back to the hotel about 10 and I went straight to bed.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Jayne transforms our London residence