Tuesday 17 June

Hot and sunny day.  Washed all the sheets and towels today as such a good drying day.  Went for an hour's walk in the morning with Jayne up on to the  moor.  Walked from small car park out along the ridge then back round via the quarry.  Two large groups came through the quarry while we were there - and we saw a crocodile the size of a coachload walking up to Hay Tor!  Got back and had a coffee then I went off to Exeter and rang a QP of Norwich S Royal in hand with Tim etc. Much more successful than last time - I rang much better even though I hadn't done any practice.  Must be my new laid back attitude! Let the usual comments wash over me this time.  Went to Sainsbury afterwards and got some shopping plus three pairs of tracksuit bottoms for Mike and a couple of nice T-shirts for me, and also stocked up on red wine and non-alcoholic wine and beer. Got home and sat in the sunshine for about an hour - which was lovely - and then we had some arrabiatta tortellini and salad around 5.  Rowena came and took Suki for a walk.  Suki had been leaving little puddles wherever she lay during the day - I think it is because it is hot but I will run it past the vet next time I am there.  Went off at 5.40 to Jean's where I left my car and she took me to Alphington, picking up Cess on the way, for a session with her other handbell group.  Tried to ring 4 in hand but I couldn't pick the bells up with my left hand - it just didn't want to do it! I think it was the stiff shiny plastic handles. Had an enjoyable evening ringing though - we would ring a piece and then all move round one.  We also tried a spot of lapping - plain hunt on 8 - not terribly successful as only Jean and I knew what we were doing.  Afterwards we went back to Cess' house and played a couple of rounds of scrabble - which was more enjoyable than I anticipated.  I nearly won the second round - but pipped by Jean when she received points at the end for getting out - which was probably a politically good move.  Late home but Jayne had left out the ovaltine and the drambuie which was very welcome and it was great to get into clean fresh sheets.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Roving Ringers Reunion Weekend 21-22 Feb