Thursday

Up early again - another lovely morning.  Out on the moor at 8.30 - took the path across from small road car park straight over and down to the Hound Tor junction.  Went on down to the stream so that Suki could have a drink and followed the side of the stream for a bit until the path ran out.  I had not been down that way before and found that the babbling stream became a series of mini waterfalls - the photos don't do them justice (the roar of falling water is needed!).  Then went back up and took the Leighon bridlepath until it was clear it was going down to Leighon - then went up and carried on contouring round with Black Hill on my right.  Aiming to meet up with the path I contoured round on from the car park last time.  I got to the farm track and followed it up to the road but it was difficult to pick up the exact contour path I was aiming for and in the end I went up on to Black Hill where it was easier to see.  I was pleased to find the higher contour path almost immediately and had a lovely walk back along it.  Didn't see a soul the whole morning - not surprising as I was well off the tourist routes.  The paths were rather indistinct but the ground was easy going.  Heard so many cuckoos not worth mentioning any more.  Went to see Mary on the way back - had coffee and we walked round the garden.  When I got home alarm on phone went off to remind me to set bedside clock.  Jayne had unplugged it (I had asked her to turn off all the sockets she could reach and had assumed the clock would stay on because the socket is behind the bed and so unreachable - didn't think she might unplug it!).  The clock cannot be set ordinarily as the buttons are bashed in and don't work, but if I plug it in at 12 and then press the sleep button it sets itself at 12.  Have been trying to do it all week and not succeeding because of missing the 12 o clock slot - so phone alarm effective and it is now set.  Sat in the garden for a couple of hours - then the sun started to go behind clouds on and off so I went in and did some stuff on computers for the rest of the day and evening! All very slow and tedious but progress made.  Have started copying Jayné's CDs - but old computers have old versions of Media Player and the album info is not updating.  Decided to update it all at home using up to date player, and then check it against CDs next time.  Jack's computer had the blue screen of death and I couldn't do anything with it although I had several attempts.  However his old one which had been stored in the wardrobe worked just fine - and also worked with the monitor I rescued from St Stephens - so I will probably keep it for back up as it has an A drive.  Discovered X-Stitch program only on floppy disks - copied all the files to the PC and installed it successfully from there - so will make a CD sometime.Nothing on TV again - went to bed early with a glass of wine and a book.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Jayne transforms our London residence