Tuesday 21 May

Went to lunch with Anne C - at 11 am!  We went to the arabian restaurant near Shepherd's Bush market and had a drink first and then had food at just before 12.  I had a couple of arabian coffees which were like turkish coffee and then we shared falafel, borek, and lamb pastries.  Delicious.  Anne had to be at the funeral directors at 12.30 so I walked there with her and then bought one of the large meringues from the shop next door.  They were not as nice as they looked and not very sweet but at least I know that now!  I walked on to Lahori and got sufficient curry stuff to make up 6 meals plus Mike's lunch when I got back, so I froze the 6 meals for when I am away in Turkey. In the evening sang in the choir for special service at St Nicholas for induction of David as Sheriff.  Lots of dressing up!  Bishop, judges, trumpeters etc.  Enjoyed the singing very much.  Mike also rang but Monica had found a replacement for me to save my wrists which was much appreciated.  Then went to Chiswick Choir practice - via chinese take away for crispy shredded beef and special fried rice.  Yummy.  Found sight reading the Banner of St George ok so I guess I might be singing in the concert after all.  Committee meeting after the rehearsal so Mike went to pub and got a lift home.  I got in about 11 and was in bed asleep before Mike got in.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Roving Ringers Reunion Weekend 21-22 Feb