Wednesday 30 July

Went to the plantation and took down some telephone numbers of dog walkers.  Then walked the Templar Way to Stover Park, then a circuit up by the lake and back through the woods and then walked back a different way through the plantation back to the car.  Don't think I will do it again as the road and the roundabout bit are not very nice and the walk was not worth it - better to stay in the plantation.  Came home and did a couple of hours of ironing - finishing mine and then doing all the bedding that had been waiting for some time and some of Jayne's clothes as well - I had got the iron working well and was watching programmes I had downloaded on the iPad so I thought I would just keep going until I ran out of time.  Then took Suki to town to post a couple of returns for Jayne and to pick up some sausages for dinner.  My butcher has closed so I had to go to the one in the High Street.  He was very nice and served me at the door as I had Suki with me, and also gave her some raw meat - which she spat out!  I asked him to put it in the bag for her - and I zapped it in the microwave when I got home whereupon she wolfed it down. Went to meet Jayne for lunch at Trago - I arrived about 12.50 and spent an hour browsing round the store.  I bought some pink spray paint for the laundry basket and some more sweets, then identified a couple of  futons and a sunlounger which I would like so that Jayne could get them with her staff discount. Then got a couple of things for Jayne and took them all back to the car, before going to the cafe with her for lunch.  We got cheesy chips and a drink and sat by the pond watching the peacocks.  She took me up to see the pigs with long curly hair and then it was time for her to go back to work.  I went and looked at kitchens and bathrooms to humour her, and purchased a lovely turkish rug for my bedroom which was only £6.90. Took Suki up to see Mary in the afternoon and had a cup of tea with her.  When I got back I cooked up all the old potatoes and made mash.  Rowena turned up at 5 and took Suki for a long walk.  Had a drink with us when she got back and discovered a mutual love of property programmes and interior design with Jayne.  We had our meal of sausages, mash, peas and gravy when she had gone and watched Miranda DVDs.

Popular posts from this blog

Christmas Newsletter 2018

Saturday 1 February

Roving Ringers Reunion Weekend 21-22 Feb